https://www.justchasingrabbits.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us by using the Contact page if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data, and we will gladly assist you.
Last modification was made March 18, 2021.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 18 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Just Chasing Rabbits travel blog (https://www.justchasingrabbits.com, www.justchasingrabbits.com, or justchasingrabbits.com) and its owners.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to Information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to Access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to Rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to Restrict Processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Object to Processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to Object to Automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to Data Portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the Help of Supervisory Authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data We Gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. (We currently do not have any partners, but will add a link here if we acquire any.)
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- to get back in touch with you if you have first contacted us.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 26 months.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
- WordPress: We use WordPress.org to publish this blog and allow comments on our site. WordPress requires visitors who want to post a comment to enter a name and email address.
- Data Collected: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.comusername (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
- Jetpack: In addition to the above, we use Jetpack to allow you to follow response comments after you have commented on the site. If you opt-in to follow the comments, Jetpack stores your name, email address, site URL (if provided via the comment form), timestamp, and IP address.
Our processing partners:
- Bluehost (https://www.bluehost.com), as our web hosting provider, is a data processor. They own the servers where our customers’ data is stored, so they also have access to this data. Bluehost, as a web hosting provider, may occasionally need to process the data, whether manually (fixing a problem somewhere) or automatically (creating backups).
Our Advertising Partners/Affiliate Programs:
We do our best to only work with third parties that will keep your Personal Data safe, but can not make any guarantees in this respect. Again, you should consult the respective privacy policies of third-party advertisement partners and affiliate programs for more information on their practices and for instructions for how to opt out of certain practices.
We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
A Note on Links to Other Websites:
Embedded Content from Other Websites:
Pages on this site may include embedded content (like videos and images) that will behave in the same way on this site as it does on its original site. These websites may collect data about you, utilize cookies, embed additional third-party tracking, and/or monitor your interaction with said embedded content especially if you have an account with and are logged in to the embedded content’s original site. Some examples of this include embedded YouTube videos and embedded Instagram photos.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
SSL Certificate: Our web host, Bluehost, has provided and installed an SSL certificate on our site. This is the secure version of HTTP, also known as Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure or HTTPS. This is the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. Because our protocol is secure, or HTTPS, it means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.
Akismet: This plugin is utilized on the Just Chasing Rabbits website to protect against spam.
Even though we try our best, we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret. (Currently, we do not require the use of accounts on our site. If this changes in the future, this information will be updated here.)
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies for all sites is not recommended as it may interfere with your use of some sites. The best option is to disable or enable cookies on a per-site basis. Consult your browser documentation for instructions on how to block cookies and other tracking mechanisms.
justchasingrabbits.com ("Website") uses a third party technology called Ezoic.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION AND WEBSITE
Ezoic is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Ezoic's principal activities are:
- Website analytics
- Website personalization
- Website hosting
6023 Innovation Way, Carlsbad, California, United States
Northern Design Centre, Abbott's Hill, Gateshead, NE8 3DF United Kingdom
In order to provide our products and services and related support, it is necessary for Ezoic to transfer your personal data outside of the European Union. In such case, the data controller for this data for EU residents is Ezoic Inc. having its registered offices at 6023 Innovation Way, Carlsbad, California, United States. All questions of requests regarding the processing of data may be addresses to email@example.com
PROVIDING VISITORS WITH ANONYMOUS ACCESS
If you do not consent to such collection, you can access this website without disclosing your personal data.
AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Ezoic records data about the individuals and the traffic to this website. Ezoic is this website's limited agent (and data controller in the EU context) for the purpose of providing Internet data and optimization services. Ezoic may use this data to improve its service or enable other services (e.g., using visitor traffic logs or data posted through the service to improve the optimization of other websites).
Ezoic may collect personal information as defined in GDPR (such as IP address and a unique id in a cookie) about visitors to your website for the purposes of statistics, analytics and personalization. In addition, Ezoic works with numerous third parties for the collection and storage of data and the providing of analytics and advertising services.
Use of Personal Information
|Purpose/Activity||Type(s) of Data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To improve user experience||Your information helps us to provide you with a more pleasant, efficient experience on this website that may be customized to how you or others respond to content and ads on this or other websites.|
|To improve ad performance||Your information helps us to optimize the placement, size, timing and number of ads displayed to you. It enables us to make smart decision that help this website owner earn money but reduce the disruption of ads on your experience.|
|To improve content creation||Your information helps us learn what content you care about and enjoy and, the style of content you like and what you engage the most with. This helps us produce more content and features that you might like.|
|To improve website performance||Your information helps us measure various performance metrics about our site, such as site speed, so that we can improve the performance of this site.|
PROCESSING OF DATA AND CONSENT
We will process the data we collect about you to improve the operation of this and other websites. This information helps us make decisions about what content to show, how it should be formatted, the number, size and placement of advertisements and how content should be delivered to individuals. This information is also used for analysis of performance and reporting.
USE OF APPLICATION LOGS
Our servers automatically record information (“Application Log Data”) created by your use of this website. Application Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We use this information to diagnose and improve our services. Except as stated in section (Data Retention), we will either delete the Application Log Data or remove any account identifiers, such as your username, full IP address, or email address, after 48 months.
The personal information we collect is retained for no longer than necessary to fulfill the stated purposes in section “PROCESSING OF DATA AND CONSENT” above or for a period specifically required by law or regulation that Ezoic is obligated to follow. Personal data used to fulfill verification of certain types of services such as SSL certificate, payments, and billing will be retained for a minimum of 5 years depending on the class of product or service and may be retained in either a physical or electronic format. Even if you request deletion or erasure of your data, we may retain your personal data to the extent necessary and for so long as necessary for our legitimate business interests or performance of contractual obligations. After the retention period is over, Ezoic securely disposes or anonymizes your personal information in order to prevent loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access.
CONFIDENTIALITY / SECURITY
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from: unauthorized access improper use or disclosure unauthorized modification unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data. We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to State institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation
DATA ACCESS & DELETION
You have the right to view information that we have collected about you and to request deletion of any personal information we may have. You can use this data lookup tool to complete these actions.
Below is a list of cookies that are commonly set on this website.
Cookie Name Category Description Duration ez_rdr Necessary Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track redirects. ez_pub_site Necessary Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to only show the site with Ezoic's features enabled. ezCMPCookieConsent Necessary Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track when a user consents to cookies. ez_rdr_count Necessary Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track redirects __smToken Necessary Used by Sumo widgets to track whether the visitor is logged in or not. wordpress_test_cookie Necessary WordPress sets this cookie when you navigate to the login page. The cookie is used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies. PHPSESSID Necessary A unique identifier used to preserve states across pages. session_depth Necessary Used to track the number of pages you visit in a session on this site. cookieconsent_dismissed Necessary Used to track closure of a cookie consent dialog. ez_view_original_only Preferences Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to show the original site without Ezoic's features. ezpicker Preferences Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to turn on ezpicker ez_view_optimized_only Preferences Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to show the optimized site with Ezoic's features. ez_view_optimized_only
Preferences Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to show the original site without Ezoic's features. speed_no_process Preferences Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to turn off site speed features for this user. sitespeed_preview Preferences Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to allow this user to preview certain site speed features. ez_ad_position_version Preferences Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to determine if they use the Ad Tester product for this user, used by the Ad Tester extension. ezpicker_showall Preferences Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to tell the ezpicker app to show all placeholders. ezpicker_nocache Preferences Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to tell the ezpicker app to run without using the cache. ezosuigenerisc Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to uniquely identify you across different websites on the internet so your experience can be customized. ezosuigeneris Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to uniquely identify you across different websites on the internet so your experience can be customized. ezds Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to store the pixel size of your screen to help personalize your experience and ensure content fits. ez_recommended_pages Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track users visiting from the recommended pages widget. AMP_ECID_EZOIC Statistics Used by personalization and analytics company Ezoic for statistics on Accelerated Mobile Pages ezouspvv Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track how many pages a user has visited. ezouspvh Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track how many pages a user has visited since their last visit. ezouspva Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track how many pages a user has visited all time. ezepvv Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track which pages this user has viewed. ezCMPCCS Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track when a user consents to statistics cookies. ezohw Statistics Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to store the pixel size of your browser to help personalize your experience and ensure content fits. _ga Statistics Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics _gid Statistics Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics __qca Statistics Collects anonymous data on the user's visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded with the purpose of generating reports for optimising the website content. ezdg Marketing Used by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to store demographic information like age and gender. __gads Marketing Used to register what ads have been displayed to the user. SSM_UTC_LS Marketing Used by ad personalization company SpeedShiftMedia to track your browsing activity and how many ads have been displayed to you. SSM_GFU Marketing Used by ad personalization company SpeedShiftMedia to track your browsing activity and how many ads have been displayed to you. SSM_UTC Marketing Used by ad personalization company SpeedShiftMedia to track your browsing activity and how many ads have been displayed to you. cto_optout Marketing Used by ad network Criteo to record if you've opted of personalized ads.
Below is a list of usage, technical and identify metrics that are commonly stored and processed when you use this website
|Your location information, including country, state, city, metro and postal code|
|The webpage your were at before this website|
|The type of browser you use and the version|
|The brand and operating system of your device|
|What time zone you're in and what time it is there|
|What pages on this site you visit|
|How you interact with this website, including time spent, how much you scroll and your mouse movements|
|The size of your devices screen and the size of the browser on that screen|
|What content you share on the page|
|If you copy and paste content on this website|
|What ad or link you clicked on to arrive at this website|
|The type of internet connection you use and your ISP or service provider|
|How long it takes for this website's content to get transferred to your browser, load in your browser and render|
|The weather where you are currently located|
|Your age and gender|
|Your ip address|
|A unique id so that we can recognize you|
|What ads you click on|
A list of Vendors that may be used on this website
Data Usage Purposes
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
2885 Sanford Ave
Grandville, MI 49418
Summary of Requests
If you'd like to see a summary of the requests to know user information, requests to delete user information and requests to opt-out of CCPA compliance that this business has received: https://g.ezoic.net/privacy/justchasingrabbits.com/annualRequestSummary regarding justchasingrabbits.com
Welcome to JCR!
Hey, y’all! We’re Jenni and Mark, two kids-at-heart on a quest to see the world and all the iconic, amazing, and unusual sites in it. Ready to explore with us?