“Sisterhood of the World Bloggers” Award
Yesterday, I discovered some fantastic news on Twitter: I had been nominated for a “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers” Award!
I am totally honored to have been nominated by Melissa (of Illumelation), a beautiful and talented travel writer living in Manila.
I appreciate this so much, Mel!!! You put a huge smile on my face and completely made my week!
By being part of the online travel community, I am constantly reminded just how great people can be. Through networking with other travelers, I have gotten nothing but wonderful advice, interaction, and support.
I keep stumbling upon amazing people on their journeys through this big world, and I am so thankful to be among them, sharing and learning as I go.
The “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers” Award
This is an award given by bloggers to bloggers. It’s a way of networking, getting to know one another, and sending a little happiness and recognition to another blogger who deserves it!
Once nominated, you thank the blogger that nominated you and answer their 10 questions. Then, you pass along this award to 10 bloggers you believe deserve it along with 10 questions of your own for them to answer.
See Related: Just Chasing Rabbits’ Liebster Award
My Answers for Melissa:
1. What do you love the most about blogging? Besides being helpful to others and meeting some INCREDIBLE people through the blog and social media, I love that blogging helps me remember. Before blogging, many destinations and details would become so foggy to me, but now, I can remember and retain more information (cities, directions, street names, etc.).
2. What does “home” mean to you? Home is a constant. It can be a place (our house in Mississippi which is filled with photos, souvenirs, mementos, and things that fill us with joy/ my parents’ house which is where I grew up- it’s familiar, comforting/ or even the towns that I grew up hanging out in and loving. I can get SUPER homesick hearing the song “Walking in Memphis.”).
Home can be a person/pet (I can be “home” as long as I’m with my husband and travel companion, Mark/my parents/my sister or my doggie-daughter). Maybe, after all, “home” is the feeling that all these things give you.
3. What’s your favourite place on earth? When we’re not traveling, I love being at home in our house in Mississippi. As far as traveling goes, our favorite destination so far has been Hawaii (standing in a lava field in Hawaii in the title pic of this post!), and Disney World is always, always magical to me!
4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? It’s no secret that I love food. One of my favorite things about traveling is trying new foods and eating like a local. So, my superpower would be to never gain weight (or have any other negative outcomes of eating).
5. What’s the weirdest dish you’ve ever eaten? For the longest time, my answer to this was cow stomach and raw liver in Japan, but I have to add Spam Musubi from Hawaii to the list (sushi with Spam instead of raw fish).
6. Where’s your next trip to? We’re in the middle of discussions about our next destination. Currently thinking about Australia, Europe, or Alaska. We often don’t know until two weeks ahead of time anyway!
7. Why did you decide to start blogging? Blogging was just a natural next step for me. After going to art school and working in the field of photography for years, I had the creative background. After getting married and beginning a life of travel with my husband, we always had our cameras in hand and loved sharing our adventures, but also helping others with travel ideas, tips, and budgets. So, it made sense to combine the photography with the travel stories and make a travel blog.
8. Sum up life in a single sentence. Life is learning, love, and lots of adventure!
9. You have 24 hours to spend £1 million. What do you do? I would buy land and my “forever” house. This would be a house that fits all of our needs (and has enough space to show our travel souvenirs)…a place that we’d never have to move from or upgrade.
With the leftover money, I’d pay for anything my family/close friends need and then plan as much future travel as possible by booking plane tickets, hotels, etc.
10. Beach, desert, city, or snow? I want to visit them all! But, we love the beach-y areas. We’ve spent a lot of time in the Caribbean, Mexico, and our most recent trip was to Hawaii.
Even though I am not one to spend too much time out in the water, areas NEAR beaches are great. We’ve been to plantations in Hawaii and Jamaica, seen ancient ruins in Belize and Mexico, eaten amazing local seafood, and enjoyed the weather in these more tropical areas.
“G” from Travel with G
Heather from A Brit & A Southerner
Dalia from Getting Close to
Prue AND Becks from Straight on Detour
Deborah from Tag Along Travel
Iulia from The Pink Moustache
Elizabeth from Elizabeth and Dale Abroad
Tiffany from A Girl and Her Passport
Menorca from Europe Diaries
Adrian from Adrian’s Travel Tales
1. How long have you considered yourself a “traveler”?
2. What is your funniest travel story?
3. Why is travel important?
4. What is the biggest lesson this world has taught you?
5. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
6. Couple or solo travel? Why?
7. What is one travel tip you’d tell to a fellow traveling sister (packing tip? safety tip?)?
8. What one destination could you visit again and again without ever tiring of it? Why?
9. What is the one item you can never leave home without?
10. How has blogging been rewarding for you?
Jennifer is the founder of Just Chasing Rabbits travel blog. She lives in Mississippi with husband/travel companion, Mark, and doggie-daughter, Gizmo. After obtaining a BA degree in studio art and working in the field of photography for years, Jenni has combined her love of travel and photography to form this blog. Mark and Jenni share their experiences in hopes of inspiring others to have wonderful adventures and see the world.
You can follow Jenni on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.