Seattle‘s most famous tourist spots have to be the Space Needle and the Pike Place Market. Visiting the Space Needle is pretty straight-forward, but there is definitely some planning into seeing and tasting your way through Pike Place. This market, which began in 1907, is famous for fresh fruits, veggies, flowers, and fish.
Pike Place Market
Seattle, WA | pikeplacemarket.org
You will not believe the flavors of the fruits, the number (and low price!) of the flowers, or the fish being thrown over your head!
1. Pose for a photo in front of the “Public Market” sign.
2. Drop some loose change into the huge piggy bank (named Rachel!), and rub her nose for good luck!
3. Get a coffee at the first Starbucks.
4. Eat a delicious piroshky from Piroshky Piroshky.
5. Skip lunch and sample your way through the market (the fresh fruit is UH-MAZING!).
6. Try the heavenly cinnamon mini doughnuts at Daily Dozen Doughnuts.
7. Drop in some quarters to see the largest collection of giant shoes at the Giant Shoe Museum.
8. Catch a fish at Pike Place Fish Co. (or just watch if you’re not into handling slimy fish!).
9. Stop to smell some of the thousands of fresh flowers for sale (and buy a bouquet for cheap!).
10. Try surprisingly sweet salmon candy (yes, actual fish!) at Pike Place Fish Co.
11. Visit the famous Gum Wall in Post Alley (and leave your gum behind to add to the public piece of art!).
12. Buy a one-of-a-kind souvenir from one of the many artisans on-site.
13. Try a local beer at Pike Place Brewing.
14. Get the World’s Best Mac-N-Cheese at Beecher’s Handmade Cheese and watch the cheese being made right in front of your eyes.
15. Keep your eyes peeled for one of Pike Place’s many ghosts… especially in Kell’s Irish Pub.
16. Take time to enjoy the amazing street musicians and performers.
17. Find Bigfoot.
18. Get a HUGE cookie from Cinnamon Works (where they cater to many dietary needs!).
See Related: 6 Awesome Souvenirs from Seattle, Washington
For more information on the market, including vendors and hours, check out the official Pike Place Market Website.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links with no change in price for you.
Ready to explore Seattle? Book a tour!
Are you planning a trip to Seattle and Pike Place? What are your favorite foods and experiences at Pike Place Market? What are you looking forward to trying? Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below!